Four months after official start of the World Cup 18 we have 34% completed games. See below more statistics.
|Total number of games:||5058|
|Completed games percentage:||34%|
|Completed games with a draw:||765|
Except of few cases games run smoothly.
For several players time management is very strange part of a chess game and they are experiencing time-troubles, forfeited games on time have happened again.
Withdrawal – silent:
- Lindam, Ingo (GER) from sections 38 and 63
- Gezgin, Burzak (TUR) from section 06
- Tahaoglu, Ugur Barkın (TUR) from section 01
- Farinas Lucas, Juan Antonio (ESP) from section 27
Withdrawal – accepted:
- Proskuryakov, Mikhail Petrovich (RUS) from section 01
- In this specific situation no result has been agreed and number of moves fluctuated between 5 and 14 (average 10), so not so many and adjudication was not possible (adjudication may happen on condition that games are advanced enough – usually more than 24 moves – and some of them are completed). The only solution was to cancel games.
- Player was replaced with Kowalczyk, Ryszard (POL)
Law, Louis (USA) forfeited on time few games and doesn’t answer emails since few weeks. This is potential silent withdrawal.
Sometimes is good to read “Online help” or “Tutorial“, accessible in the main window of ICCF webserwer after clicking “Online help” (ICCF Webchess Help). Tutorial with a number of screen shots illustrates how to use the server. There are additional tutorials in other languages (Dutch, Czech, Spanish, German, French). They are out of date a bit, but still you can find useful reference there.
Games to be completed
The system allows many different ways for games to be completed. Players are encouraged to be familiar with these methods, as it may be their responsibility to take action.
The system can automatically detect certain conditions, including checkmate and stalemate. However, some situations require from a player to claim a result via the TD, for example:
- win (if, say, the opponent has exceeded the time limit or taken more than 40 days for his last move)
- draw (if, say, a threefold repetition or the 50-move rule has occurred)
The system automatically stops a game if a player exceeds the reflection time, but will not enter a result. The game needs to be claimed by the opponent, before the TD can manually enter the result. The system will not automatically stop a game if a player takes more than 40 days to respond, players need to be alert of this infraction and claim the game to the TD.
Please remember that claim a draw has to be submitted when you are on move. It is hardly understandable for some players and after rejected claim they are trying to blame server options or playing rules or TD or ICCF as a whole for their failure.
If in doubt, please communicate with the TD in good time.
There are few solutions to avoid time-trouble or game forfeited on time.
- Better time management.
- Take leave. Each player has 30 day leave per calendar year. So please take it (you can see it in green in your leave calendar window) or use option for special leave – “Request special leave” under Event menu in your game window giving reasonable justification (if confirmed you can see it in red in your leave calendar window).
- Submit “Use 40+ reflection” under Game menu in your game window, if you have spare time and want to use reflection time more than 40 days.
- It is better to inform TD about your problem and that you cannot continue your games instead of being silent. You may avoid suspension from ICCF events for longer period than 6 months if accepted withdrawal (in case of not accepted withdrawal usually 1-year suspension, in case of silent withdrawal at least 2 years).